Lewis, D., 1969
These 27 testimonials represent a sample of the several hundred I have received in the last fifteen years. Apart from correcting the occasional typographical error, they haven’t been altered. Out of respect to people’s privacy I have tried to remove obvious identifiers.
I really appreciate all the feedback I recieve but I if I had to pick out just one, I think with gratitude to André J. His kind remarks led to a lengthy e-mail correspondence. At the end of June 2006, my wife and I went to France and visited André and his family in Dijon. Thank you!
- André J. (Sunday, March 19, 2006 3:39 am) As a French anesthesiologist, I love your teaching. I have a great respect for the intelligence of men who can think diferently from the knowledge that they have received, and you are one of them.
- Angela G. (Wednesday, August 20, 2003 8:47 am) Thanks for such a brilliant site. I have used it the last 2 years to revise the topic that fills me with such dread before teaching my students!!
- Anna K. (Friday, November 15, 2002 9:44 am) I came across your website because it was recommended at an acid-base-tutorial at my home university in Vienna. I would like to thank you for this most interesting and ‘easy to learn’ information – it made everything a lot clearer! Also the history page made the ‘evolution’ of acid-base transparent.
- Cindy. (Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:44 am) Thanks for the fantastic review of acid-base balance!
- Christine S. (Monday, September 25, 2006 5:32 pm) What an AMAZING site for the understanding of sometimes diabolical subject matter! I am in veterinary medicine and just completely appreciate someone taking the time to share and help coach others in tough subjects. My hat is off to you!!
- David M. (Monday, March 8, 2010 8:50 pm) Just wanted to say this is one of the greatest MedEd websites I have ever seen. The information is so beneficial and the format and organization fascinating. Congratulations on a great site. I will refer many to this site.
- Douglas P. (Thursday, February 18, 2010 4:02 pm) This is such a wonderfully entertaining and informative tutorial.
- Dr. R. (Saturday, October 4, 2003 9:57 am) I read the Acid-Base.com site. I really enjoyed and understood the basics. This letter is just to appreciate the efforts you have put in to make this happen.
- Jan A. (Tuesday, December 3, 2002 5:27 pm) Thank you so very much for this very informative web site.
- Jane R. (Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 4:45 pm) Really did enjoy the tutorial. I needed a “refresher” in order to teach my class. It had been a long (VERY long) time since I had covered this material and needed some basics to remember! Thanks for making it public!
- Jaya K. (Sunday, October 17, 2004 11:05 pm) I have been going through your Acid base Interactive presentation. To say that it is excellent would be the understatement of the year. In all these years of teaching internal medicine, I have not come across a better presentation than yours about this most complex and intimidating of chapters in medicine. I would like to use much of the material (graphs etc) for my teaching, here at the XXXXXX University School of Medicine. Once again, thanks for putting up such a marvellous presentation.
- Linda E. (Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 10:51 pm) This is an excellent resource site that has straightened out my confusion with the Acid-Base topic. I have encouraged my students to visit this site if at all confused by this subject.
- Linda R. (Monday, March 20, 2006 11:56 pm) I want to thank you for this site. I will be teaching in a Critical Care Course for the first time and many years and your information has allowed me to prepare for the lecture easily.
- Petr H. (Friday, September 8, 2006 7:25 pm) Thank you for Your web pages. The subjects I had always problem to understand seem much more understandable through Your text. Thanks for great job that will sure help many many of your colleagues and their patients worldwide.
- Raj S. (Monday, March 14, 2005 9:51 pm) Sir, I am a third year cardiology fellow at XXXXXX University (USA), I just wanted to thank you for putting together this great resource on a complex topic. I have logged a good amount of time on your website and I think it meets its goal of simplifying this topic and making it very interactive. I have encouraged my residents and students to check your website and have gotten positive feedback from them too. Once again thank you
- Ramesh A. (Sunday, November 28, 2004 8:46 pm) I am a student in Anaesthesiology. I was really impressed with this ultimate work to simplify the concept of acid-base physiology and imbalances, especially the interactive aids are good. Honestly this is the best way to learn acid-base imbalance. This is what I feel and would suggest all my colleagues visit your site. Your work is much appreciated…
- Richard P. (Wednesday, December 11, 2002 10:08 am) I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for supplying such a great resource for understanding the physiology of the in-vivo Acid-Base system. I have just come from an A&P lecture regarding the body’s buffering mechanisms via the kidneys and lungs. Although I had a firm grasp upon the inorganic mechanics of the situation, I was pleased to gain a far more comprehensive clinical understanding from your site’s discussions.
- Russ P. (Wednesday, April 6, 2005 4:18 pm) Thanks again for you excellent website. I gave my class their pH lab today, and used your problems and methods to teach it. I was gratified when one of my students, a nurse, said “I’ve never understood this stuff until now”. I gave you all the credit!
- Sara W. (Monday, December 14, 2009 at 9:20 pm) I think your website is a wonderful tutorial. As a part-time biology professor, with a BS in physics, I really appreciate the way you put everything into approachable terms.
- Sarah B. (Tuesday, November 2, 2004 12:56 am) I am a first year medical student in University of XXXXXX (USA). I would just like to compliment you on your website. I found it to be very helpful and have passed it on to my fellow class mates. Thank you.
- Suhas R. (Monday, April 25, 2005 9:14 pm) I’m a third yr med student – I found your site to be a great way to refresh my memory and solidify my knowledge of acid-base disturbances. It is really wonderful and I will recommend it to all my friends. It is concise but also very clearly and accurately written.
- Swaroop S. (Tuesday, April 5, 2005 8:36 AM) Firstly, fantastic website and excellent teaching. I am preparing for MRCP 1 and find this tutorial most useful.Acid-base balance is something i have struggled with for years , but ashamed to admit. Now I look forward to interpreting ABG reports. I will be visiting this site again and again.Thanks.
- Siva S. (Thursday, September 4, 2003 9:36 am) What a wonderful service you perform by simplifying acid-base balance through your website !
- Sireen A. (Tuesday, September 2, 2003 3:05 am) I would like to express my appreciation and admiration of the style, information and the way of representing acid base physiology and all related details, especially the A-B interpretation section. I consider this site is the easiest and scientific simplest one of its kind for any researcher on this topic. (Egypt)
- Taher K. (Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:04 am) I had seen your exceptionally good website a few years ago, and I came back to it several times until today, mostly to refresh my information. However, I am teaching my residents in Pediatrics on Sunday 27th May, and I just HAD to come back to it and peruse it in detail this time. Thank you so very much for running this service. May God Bless You.
- Yee T. (Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:37 pm) Hi. I’m a second year medical student. I came to know about this website last term as it was recommended by one of my lecturers. I really enjoy browsing through your website because the explainations are clear and concise, and I especially love the graphics and interactions. It gives me the feeling of learning in a playground, which is really fun!
- Zuhair B. (Sunday, December 15, 2002 4:37 pm) Your write-up of acid-base is more than ingenious. Thank you for publishing it.